Wednesday, February 4, 2015

WORD!

Share it Please
Just a little something to think about ...

An "ah-ha" moment for me has to do with promises. A couple of weeks ago, a dear friend mentioned that we are to speak God's promises through our prayers. Along with an amazing conference, a few motivating podcasts, some in depth devotionals, and talking with more than admirable people, I came to the realization that the Bible is God's word. Ok, let me state that again ... the Bible is God's WORD. Get it? Let me put it into context for you the way I had my ah-ha moment. Do we have any reason to doubt God? My roommates in college had every reason to doubt me when I told them I was baking cookies. It never failed that every single time I turned the oven on, I burned them. I don't mean just a little bit, I mean scrape them from the cookie sheet (maybe even throw the sheet away too) burned them. They had every reason to not want me to bake cookies, even if I promised to do my best the next time. God gave us His word, His promises, the Bible, to guide us through every nook and cranny of this thing we call "life". He gave us His word. He promised to take care of us, even when we think we've got it all under control. He gave us the Bible! HE GAVE US HIS WORD! Do you get it now? Yes He wants to give us the desires of our heart (Psalm 37:4), but when we are so busy getting to know our savior, our heart longs for the same things He wants to give us. His word, the Bible, promises to guide us through life. Thank God, you gave us your word!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Followers

Blogger templates

Follow The Author